Hello family, friends, and followers!
I was originally opposed to the idea of creating a blog about my summer travels, adventures, activities, and yes, work, in Alaska. However after sitting in the airport for an hour waiting for my Kindle to charge, I decided to give it a shot. I know plenty of bloggers, and although I am not one myself (well, before I reached the Seattle airport), I figured there had to be something intriguing, interesting, captivating, or exciting about following a blog. Plus, this is a way for me to capture my Alaskan adventure on "paper" over the interweb.
I was hired back in February to work for the USFS out of Petersburg, Alaska. What a relief to have a job upon graduation, nonetheless in a dream location. Way to go America on getting Alaska. I'm looking forward to exploring it.
So, 4 long months later, after a wonderful graduation celebrated with my even more wonderful family, and after a very short week of packing and preparing, and after many goodbyes at 5:30am at the Sacramento airport, I am sitting in the Seattle airport awaiting my 10:55am departure for Juneau (gosh, I hope that is spelled correctly...autocheck seems to think so, so I will go with it), after which I will fly in a 737 jet to Petersburg. According to Alaska Airlines, I'll arrive at my new home around 4pm. Whereupon I look forward to seeing a friend and meeting a few more.
I am excited, not at all nervous (is that odd?), and absolutely thrilled that I am (a) employed! and (b) working in a place where I dreamed of someday traveling to for a couple of weeks. Who knew that my dream vacation would turn into my home for the summer/fall?
I am needing to get of the internet now--got to throw away my coffee cup, check my flight status, and go sit in the correct terminal. Plus, the internet is being really slow (although, I should be thankful to have internet in the first place...apparently it is a rare commodity up north). So, until the next time I am in an internet cafe, library, or airport with internet, I wish you farewell and hope you continue following your true north.
Cheers!
Alicia
PS-in case you were curious, my Kindle is charged...almost :)
Hey now I live near Seattle you're not that far north lol and of course we have internet!!!! =) miss you already I hope you have so much fun don't forget to send us your address =)
ReplyDelete